Unless you were taught by your mother or father growing up, there is nobody who teaches you how to clean. Some are very good at this because of their approach towards avoiding dirt, others just don’t see things in the same way. Personally, I have found myself a company which does house cleaning in Sydney because not only do I have a strong disdain for cleaning, but I am also not very good at it. Perhaps like many of you, I also have no desire to become good at it, and some mistakes I have made through the years are exactly why. It is important to stay safe when you clean and here is why.
Use of Bleach
Bleach or chlorine can be a great way to get your clothes white, to ensure that the bathroom is free from bacteria and germs, and to generally offer a solid and highly effective cleaning solution. What is important to remember however is that bleach is also caustic and it can very easily burn the carpet away, make holes or white marks in the clothes, and generally if it is not used or diluted in the right way, can become a real nuisance in the home.
Oven Cleaning Safety
I endeavored to clean my oven 2 years ago and the end result was a clean oven and me with a nasty cough for almost 2 weeks afterwards. The cleaning solutions which you buy to get rid of the deep-seated grit, grease, and dirt in the oven, is in fact highly toxic and corrosive. And so if you fail to properly protect your face and your hands whilst you are using this product then you are going to be in for some big problems, and the impact on your lungs is not very nice at all.
Harder Than They Look Sponges
Yet another mishap of mine was through the use of those sponges which are soft on one side and slightly harder on the other. Despite the hard side being what it is, I didn’t really believe it to be too problematic and so used it on some non-stick pans which we had, this, of course, turned out to be a terrible idea because now those pans very much stick, thanks to me scrubbing away the coating of the pan. This may not be overly harmful but it is certainly expensive.
And of course, cleaning the floor is one thing but if you don’t advertise the fact that you have done it or you have left it wetter than it needs to be, you will find that someone falls over. An unsuspecting slip like this may not seem like very much but a cracked head or a slipped disc in the back are very real possibilities if you do not follow what you should be doing and either leave some kind of sign or notice or wait until it dries before leaving.
Cleaning is not as safe as it looks, be careful out there guys.