Moving out of your rental property?
Then there are two things playing in your mind—getting your bond back and proper property cleaning. These two are related conditions for a clean rented property is essential to get the deposit back. Tenants have to restore a rented home to its original condition.
If you have decided to take up the job yourself, remember that you could be adding to your already full schedule of moving. Nonetheless, to ensure a successful, stress-free move here’s your ultimate end of lease cleaning checklist:
- Early preparation: Start cleaning preparations a month before moving out. It is best to draw a schedule. Take stock of required repairs and replacements, pest control, paint jobs.
- Equip yourself: The right equipment and products for cleaning are very important because this is not a normal house cleaning but a deep restoration cleaning that will remove all traces of your stay and use. Professionals are well-versed in the comprehensive cleaning of all corners from tile grouts to roof drains.
- Pack up and clear spaces: It will be big push towards your moving preparations as well as help in the thorough cleaning with furniture out of the way. Hard-to-reach places will be easier to clean.
- Start with the Kitchen: The grease requires a dedicated effort. From cupboards to countertops, appliances, sink, and plumbing checks, the kitchen should be dealt with first. The checklist should include:
- Oven, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, and other appliances
- Degreasing, stain removals, cleaning backsplash, exhaust filters, etc.
- Clear out and clean pantry, cupboards, shelves, etc.
- Clean handles, spouts, sink, and check drainage.
5. Rooms and interiors: Commence with general cleaning with dusting, sweeping, and mopping. Pay attention to staircases and hallways along with dedicated focus on:
- Cleaning all storage units like wardrobes, drawers, etc.
- Washing window panes, sills and tracks,
- Cleaning skirting board, door frames, dust blinds.
- Spot-cleaning of walls and ceilings,
- Vacuum and steam cleaning carpets and rugs
6. Deep clean bathrooms: It is best done towards the end of moving out. Focus on:
- Cleaning and disinfecting all installations,
- Shining mirrors, glass and shower screens,
- Demoulding all wall and floor surfaces,
- Cleaning sinks, drain holes, plugs and taps
7. Exteriors: Properties with balcony, patio, garage, lawn, yard, pools, etc. need to schedule time for clearing up these spaces. Trim hedges, mow the grass, and spruce up with coats of paint if required.Electric and utility fixtures: Clean and service the lights, fans, sockets along with extractor fans, garbage disposals, AC vents, etc.
This checklist will make sure every bit of your property has been cleansed. But be warned that bond cleaning is quite different from normal household cleaning and has its own industry standards to match.
Honestly, cheap end of lease cleans aren’t the easiest deals to find. But the good news is, when it comes to end of lease cleaning Hobart has several professional cleaning experts who are thorough and reasonable too.