Families, friends and children can discover the magic of Christmas at Westminster School’s annual Christmas Lights display in December – the 10th show to be held.
Since its inception, Westminster Christmas Lights has grown to become a highly-anticipated community event with thousands of people visiting the School each year to enjoy the festivities.
It is now considered a major highlight of Adelaide’s seasonal calendar.
From Monday 15 December to Monday 22 December, Westminster Christmas Lights will be switched on at 8pm every evening until around 10pm.
South Australians are invited to take a stroll or drive through Westminster School’s grounds to view thousands of sparkling fairy lights, colourful festive decorations and visit Santa in his Magic Kingdom.
Visitors can also listen to or participate in the highly popular nightly music and carols sing-a-long, which will include some special musical surprises, and enjoy a Christmas cafe food and refreshment area.
Highlights of Westminster Christmas Lights include:
- Thousands of sparkling fairy lights.
- Santa’s Magic Christmas Kingdom.
- Westminster’s magnificent stained glass window, located in the Chapel precinct, will feature a special light display.
- Nightly music and carols sing-a-long in the Chapel, from 8pm.
- A range of colourful light displays and festive decorations around the Chapel precinct, in large picture windows and around the Performing Arts theatre complex.
- An original 17-metre nativity mural painted on canvas by the School community.
- A Christmas cafe refreshment area for families to relax and enjoy.
- Walking trails or drive-through viewing.
Westminster Christmas Lights is a free community event. The School is located at Alison Avenue, Marion. Parking is available on School grounds for a gold coin donation.