Are you thinking about having your bathroom renovation, but being held back by the thought of how much you will be spending on it? Bathroom renovations may cost you around $5,000 to $15,000 (even more for high end renovations). This looks like a lot, but if you get your renovation right, this is actually a very good investment! Whether you are doing it for yourself or planning to sell your house eventually, make that investment!
Here are 5 reasons why it's okay to spend on your bathroom renovation
- Bathrooms are value-wise renovations. A renovation by an expert will make both your house and it's value look better. More and more people are making this investment, with $17,000 being the average amount spent on bathroom renovations according to the Housing Industry Association (HIA).
- Spending money on renovating a bathroom is satisfying. Results are easily seen after a renovation, unlike plumbing or roofing. This, in turn, gives homeowners more pleasure on seeing where they put their money.
- You can design your bathroom yourself! Companies like Crystal Bathrooms allow homeowners to take the lead when it comes to designing their bathroom.
- Your bathroom is one of the most intimate spaces in your home, which is why it is very important to make it as relaxing as possible. Did you know that women spend 3.25 years of their life in their bathroom? If you are going to spend that much time somewhere, might as well make it beautiful!
- Proper bathroom lighting can make a huge difference. One issue seen in bathrooms is poor lighting. Having your bathroom renovated with better light installed will make a big difference. It will feel more relaxing and can even lessen the time you fix your hair!