Back to School shopping is an exciting yet stressful start to the New Year. Kicking off the school year usually involves a shopping list filled with stationery, lunchboxes and uniforms. With 94% of Australian teens owning a smartphone, and 78% of those being paid for by someone else, mobile phones are likely topping the back to school shopping list.
“Children and teens often want the latest product on the market especially mobile phones. As the price of new mobile phones continues to escalate, parents need to be smart when navigating the mobile phone industry for their child,” says shopping expert Kathy Sheeran.
To assist in this back to school dilemma, shopping expert Kathy Sheeran has shared her top five tips on how to navigate the telco industry for your child.
- Be back to school safe – Before purchasing a mobile phone for your child, make sure to set boundaries. Ensuring that your child is able to understand how to use their device and how it should NOT be used, is important. Having an open dialogue about the do’s and don’ts of a mobile phone is the first step before heading back to school.
- Know your limits – With back to school shopping lists getting longer each year, shopping for these items can get extremely costly. From stationery and workbooks to school shoes and ribbons, ensuring that you do your research on which retailers sell the best products you’re after at the best price, is essential. Get on top of the Back to School sales!
- Take advantage of second-hand bargains – Purchasing a phone is a big step for both parent and child. However, it can also be a big expense. The price of new phones is increasing year on year so why buy a phone that will cost a fortune when you could buy something just as good for half the retail price? numobile offers “good as nu” quality pre-owned iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones and month-to-month plans packed with data, calls, and texts. Your kids will not know the difference and will be excited to use their phone regardless.
- Online Frenzy – Let’s face it, shopping centres can become a nightmare this time of year. Shopping online can make finding deals instantaneous and be done all from the comfort of your own home! In some circumstances, by shopping online you can find better deals and exclusive offers for specific products. Keep an eye out for Back to School sales this next month
- Broken phones – Most parents know the feeling of buying a brand new, expensive present for their child only to have it broken within minutes/days/months. Phones are no exception and end up costing parents much more than they originally paid due to damages caused by the kids. Fortunately, some companies cover this prediction. numobile has a swap and return policy which allows parents to swap their purchased phone if it is damaged and the most they would need to pay back is 40%. This is a no brainer parents!
For more information, visit www.numobile.com.au