There are some reports suggested that the supply of Australia's "favourite mango", the Kensington Pride, was down 80%.
Fortunately, this is not the case with other mango varieties. In fact #theperfectmango, Calypso Mangoes, are seeing a strong season with great fruit being picked right now.
What you’ll need:
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters
- 4 golden shallots finely diced
- 250ml aged red wine vinegar
- Ground white pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 Calypso® mango cheek finely diced
- ½ Lebanese cucumber peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- Chopped chives
How to Make it:
1. In a non-reactive bowl (ceramic or glass) combine the shallots and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight to infuse the flavours.
To serve, top each oyster with a small amount of the diced mango and cucumber. Add a teaspoon of the shallot dressing and sprinkle with chives.
3. Serve immediately on a tray of ice.