- In a medium bowl, combine the raspberries and sugar, crushing the berries with a potato masher. Stir in the mint and set aside.
- Place tea bags and boiling water in a large bowl. Let steep for 15 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. Pour tea into raspberry mixture and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Line a colander with a double layer of cheesecloth or kitchen paper towel, then place it over a large bowl. Pour the raspberry tea mixture through the cheesecloth. Discard the cheesecloth with the solids. Pour in cold water.
- Transfer raspberry tea to the pitcher. Refrigerate until cold. If you like your tea sweeter, add sugar as desired. Serve chilled with extra raspberries and fresh mint leaves.
WEEKEND RECIPE: Raspberry Iced Tea:
A refreshing blend for hot days
Date: December 11 2016
Prep time: 10 mins
Standing/chilling time: 2 hours
½ cup (110g) caster sugar
⅓ cup mint, roughly chopped
6 tea bags
2 cups (500ml) boiling water
5 cups (750ml) cold water
Tip: Make some ice cubes using some of the raspberry tea mixture.