- 4 bananas left in the skins and cut lengthways down one side to make a pocket
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of butter per banana
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, crushed
- vanilla ice cream to serve
1. Mix the brown sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and then divide amongst the bananas, stuffing into the centre of each.
2. Place 1⁄2 a teaspoon of butter on to the top of each banana and put each onto a piece of foil before adding to the grill plate.
3. Leave to cook for around 20 minutes.The skins will start to go black.
4. Transfer to a serving plate.
5. Serve with vanilla ice cream and crushed peanuts.