Recipe by Bulla’s brand ambassador, Kirsten Tibballs
Prep Time: 20-30 mins
Makes: 6 eggs
- 6 water balloons
- 300g milk chocolate
- Blow the water balloons up to an egg size.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a small deep bowl.
- Dip each balloon in the chocolate 3/4 of the way up and place them on a lined tray.
- Place in the fridge for 10mins.
- Remove from the fridge and remove by cutting a small hole in the top.
- 50mL passionfruit juice
- 15g apricot jam
- 25g unsalted butter
- orange colour (optional)
Method (Passionfruit Filling):
- Heat the passionfruit juice and apricot jam until the mixture is smooth.
- Soften the butter, add in the passionfruit mixture and colour if desired and leave at room temperature.
Bulla White Chocolate Crème:
- 75mL Bulla Thickened Cream (a)
- 75mL Bulla Crème Fraîche
- 180g good-quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 140mL Bulla Thickened Cream (b)
Method (White Chocolate Crème):
- Place Bulla Thickened Cream (a) into a saucepan with Bulla Crème Fraîche and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the roughly chopped white chocolate and whisk until all the chocolate is melted.
- Semi-whip the Bulla Thickened Cream (b) until it has some body and still collapses.
- Fold the cream gently through the chocolate mixture with a flexible spatula.
- Spoon a small amount of the passionfruit mixture into the base of the chocolate eggs and cover with the Bulla white chocolate cream until you reach just under the top of the eggs rim.
- Spoon a small amount of passionfruit filling onto the top to create a yolk.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving in an egg cup.