Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp(40ml) olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 500g beef mince
- ½ cup (50g) finely grated parmesan cheese, extra to serve
- 1 cup (150g) cooked brown rice
- 1 cup (100g) finely grated mixed vegetables (such as carrot, zucchini, sweet potato)
- 2 x 400g cans pureed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (40ml) Fountain Tomato Sauce
- Pasta or mashed sweet potato and shaved parmesan to serve
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
2. Combine mince, armesan, rice and half the onion mixture in a bowl. Roll mixture into balls.
3. Re-heat remaining onion mixture over medium heat. Add tomato puree and Fountain Tomato sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through.
4. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs in batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the sauce. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Serve with pasta or mashed sweet potato and sprinkle with parmesan.
With 14 Fountain variety sauces to choose from you can use them as a recipe base, a finishing sauce, marinade or dipping sauce – they can be used at any stage of the cooking process to create a rich, flavourful meal. Fountain sauces make cooking and meal planning simple and stress free, giving you added flavour without countless ingredients or hours cooking.