Helga’s Lower Carb breads not only provide more seeds and less carbs than standard mixed grain loaves but now two of the variants are classified as Low GI. Helga’s are excited to announce that the popular Helga’s Lower Carb 5 Seeds and Soy & Toasted Sesame breads are both Low GI*.
According to leading nutritionist Susie Burrell, Low GI products like Helga’s Lower Carb 5 Seeds and Soy & Toasted Sesame are more slowly digested so will leave you feeling fuller for longer.
“The Glycaemic Index (GI) ranks foods according to how quickly they are digested. Low GI foods are slowly digested and therefore more filling, which can be beneficial for healthy weight and blood glucose levels” said Nutritionist and Helga’s Ambassador, Susie Burrell.
Susie Burrell’s European Breakfast Toast
- 8 slices Helga’s Lower Carb 5 Seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or lean ham
- 4 medium sized bocconcini, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil Handful of Basil leaves
1) Heat oven to 180°C. Place Lower Carb bread on a baking tray and heat for 10 minutes until toasted. Once toasted, remove and rub each side with garlic.
2) Top each slice with tomato, a slice of meat, bocconcini and a few Basil leaves.
3) Drizzle with olive oil and serve.