Woolworths has partnered with National Geographic to launch World Explorers, the latest Collectibles range that will take Aussie families on a fun, educational and interactive journey around the world.
The new Collectibles flip-cards feature facts, activities and international dishes to help Aussie kids learn from seven regions from across the globe.
Countries featured include a diverse range from different parts of the world, including Madagascar, the Philippines, Germany, Costa Rica and Tonga.
Woolworths Head of Media, Sponsorships and Events, Karen Madden, said; “World Explorers has been developed to inspire kids to learn about the wide array of food and cultural traditions enjoyed around the world.
“Our partner National Geographic has brought to life some of the amazing array of dishes we know many of our customers already love cooking with their families. There are also some lesser known delicacies on the flip-cards that will also provide additional ideas for the weekly family meal planning,” added Karen.
The World Explorers collectible packs include a sticker and a flip-card, and are free with every $20 spent at Woolworths. The flip-cards can be kept together using the World Explorers Activity and Collector's Album (RRP $5), which includes further interesting facts, places to see and cultural dishes from all seven featured regions.
There are 56 flip-cards and stickers in total including:
- Africa (Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Madagascar, Morocco, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania)
- Asia (Bahrain, China, India, Japan, Lebanon, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam)
- Australia (Queensland, New South Wales, ACT, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Northern Territory, Western Australia)
- Europe (England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, Spain)
- North America (Bermuda, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Greenland, Jamaica, Mexico, USA)
- Oceania (Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga)
- South America (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Perú, Venezuela)
For the first time Zapcodes have also been introduced into the Woolworths collectibles campaign, which when scanned will unlock an interactive game, recipe, photo feature and a National Geographic video for each of the regions. An Interactive World Map (RRP $3) will allow children to use their navigational skills and look for matching countries using grid coordinates.
Collectors can purchase additional merchandise at their local Woolworths store from 5 October 5 to 15 November including:
- World Explorers Activity and Collector's Album – RRP $5
- World Explorers Interactive World Map – RRP $3
- World Explorers Collectors Tin – RRP $7
- World Explorers Colouring Book – RRP $3
- World Explorers Novelty Binoculars – RRP $3
- World Explorers Top Trumps Card Game – RRP $7
- World Explorers World Edition Monopoly – RRP $30
- World Explorers 3D puzzles – RRP $3
- World Explorers Novelty World Beach Ball – RRP $3
- National Geographic Kids Magazine – RRP $6.95
- National Geographic DVD box set – RRP $30