Many women would agree that one of the most important items in their wardrobe is their favourite bra.
A perfect fitting, comfortable and stylish bra can make any women feel fabulous, sexy and confident. However, with multiple wears, incorrect washing or by shoving them into a messy drawer, your favourite bra can be easily damaged.
That’s the reason why I invented Bra-Voe. It’s a storage solution for bras that prevents them from being damaged. But like most inventions, I didn’t just think of it overnight. I spent five years perfecting the concept using specially designed moulded cups to maintain the shape and contour of bras. It’s also possible to use Bra-Voe mounted on a wall, in a drawer or on a shelf, and it’s available in three sizes.
But even if you don’t want to buy a Bra-Voe, there are a number of things you can do to keep your favourites looking good for longer.
1. When washing your bra it’s a good idea to use a mild detergent because it will cause less irritation on your skin while wearing the bra. Mild detergents also prevent the delicate fabric from being stained or damaged.
2. When hand washing your bras never wring or scrunch the cups to remove excess water. This will ruin the shape of the cups and will cause the padding to dimple.
3. Always hang your bras by the straps and let them drip dry on a clothes rack. Never put your bras in the dryer because it can cause them to shrink, loose their shape or damage the delicate fabric.
4. When washing your bras in the washing machine, always put them into a wash bag. This will prevent the straps from catching on other clothing or being wrapped around the washing machine’s agitator.
5. If bras are washed too often it can cause them to lose their shape quicker. It’s a good idea to wash your bras after every two or three wears, unless it’s a sports bra which needs to be washed more often. It’s a good idea to wait a day before wearing a bra again to help it regain its elasticity.
6. Never invert the cups on your bras because it can lead to lumps and dimples in the fabric. These dimples and lumps can show through clothing, like shirts and close fitting dresses and ruin your outfit and sometimes even your whole day.
7. Treat your bras with care by storing them carefully. You can store bras on a Bra-Voe, a stylish an innovative way to store, organise and show off your bras in a drawer, on a shelf or on a wall to prevent them from being damaged or tangled.
By following these simple tips you can take better care of your bras and ensure your favourite lasts until your special occasion or hot date.