Who doesn’t love a fresh smelling home?
As we’re half way through Spring, and it’s slowly starting to warm up around the country, we can throw open our windows.
But it’s also nice to give your home a distinctive aroma. Here are some ideas for giving your home a distinctive and refreshing Springtime scent.
Note: they’re not all for use at once, otherwise it could be really tough on the nose with all those competing smells!
All over the house
- Use a natural, no smell cleaner for cleaning the floors.
- Fragrant flowers placed in front of an open window helps blow the smell around the house.
- Simmer some citrus peel and fresh mint or basil on the stovetop.
- Create your own mix of essential oils – eg. bergamot and lavender – and spray it around the house.
- Put some of your favourite perfume on a light bulb. It sounds odd, but everytime you turn it on, you get a waft of it.
In the kitchen
- Use vinegar to absorb the smells that have accumulated over winter in a spray or on a dish on the kitchen bench.
- Cut some lemons and limes and make some juice or just leave them out.
In the bedroom
- When you change and wash the sheets, put all bed linen out in the sun. There’s nothing quite like the smell of sunshine!
In the bathroom
- In the bathroom, soak a cotton ball in rosemary oil and keep it in the rubbish bin. Every time the lid opens, it fills the room with a natural smell.