2019 is not just another New Year. It’s the start of a whole, new, different one. Each January 1st offers a brand new beginning that’s full of opportunities to break out of last year’s rut, leave unhappiness behind, and start afresh. Right now it’s possible to discover simple, can-do, fresh ideas to make home a happier place to be. So put your thinking cap on! Plan to start afresh this New Year, and do it. It’s good for your health.
START AFRESH: THINK-PLAN-ACT
When a New Year rolls around, it’s tempting to think of it as a continuation of the same old unhappy or boring routine. Yet it doesn’t have to be so. It’s possible to think in a fresh direction, make plans to improve life at home, and act on them. So don’t hold back. Take the first step. You could be pleasantly surprised at what you’ll achieve if you just start afresh this New Year.
FIVE NEW YEAR ACTION TIPS:
- Begin the year by thinking of each new day as a fresh start – a time to wake each morning with a grateful heart and the expectation of discovering new ideas that will lead to a better life.
- Make a resolution to leave the negativity of the old year behind and start afresh. Discover constructive, harmony-producing ideas each new day. Remember that useful ideas are right at hand to bless you and your family and improve the quality of home-life. Don’t say you’re not an ideas person! You are. Just pause, quietly think, listen for, and pay attention to those fresh helpful ideas.
- Don’t dismiss good ideas that come to your thought, with a “that won’t work” attitude. Be humble. Be willing to try them out. You’ve nothing to lose, and everything good to gain. “Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea”. Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health p.323
- Wipe your mental slate clean of resentment or disappointment. Start afresh. Let love-filled spiritual inspiration fill your heart and mind. It will change your outlook and bring you peace. Divine Love’s compassion and mercy never fail you, “they are new every morning”. Bible. Lamentations 3:23
- Be bold. Be ready to make changes. If something’s not working at home, deal with it in a different, new way. Tune into the ever-present divine Source of good ideas. Take a fresh approach. You’ll have greater harmony. So don’t wait. Start afresh this New Year. You’ll find it’s good for your health.
ABOUT THE EXPERT:
Beverly Goldsmith writes about the connection between spirituality and health and is an experienced Practitioner and Teacher of Christian Science healing. Twitter: @GoldsmithBev