Lucky me! I got to try this cradle ‘n swing from Fisher Price or rather my 4.5 month old son did.
The first thing I noticed about it is its appearance. It’s a ‘happy’ look – light, colourful with happy, smiling faces of the three ‘rainforest friends’.
There really isn’t anything negative to say about this product. It’s great functionality is that it is both a cradle and a swing and works equally well in either format – rocking from head-to-toe or side-to-side. In summary, it has something for baby’s visual and auditory development and has many features that are practical and helpful for the baby and parent.
Here are the good points as I see them:
- it’s easy to assemble and fold away.
- it swings both side-to-side and head-to-toe and has six speeds that automatically adjust as your baby grows. You can choose a combination of how you want it to swing, the speed and the music you/baby wants.
- the music that comes with it is a good variety – 16 tunes in total plus rainforest sounds - and those rainforest sounds really help put him to sleep.
- the seat has three positions and two reclining positions.
- it has three plush detachable happy monkeys that swing around within a canopy that opens and closes, with a mirrored globe that allows baby to see all around. My little boy found this entertaining and stimulating.
- I haven’t needed to clean it yet, but it’s easy to remove the seat pad and stick it in the washing machine.
- it has a snack tray.
- a very big plus – it doesn’t need batteries, just plug it in! However, there is a battery option if you’re not near an electrical outlet.
My baby boy loves it – and I do too. I wish I had something similar for my toddler when she was a baby. If you can afford it, at under $200, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it. You will get lots of use from it.