If you have a fan of Elsa or Anna in your household, ‘pester power’ may prevail when it comes to the new range of Frozen lunchbox products. And the big advantage it has? It's much less expensive to buy a lunchbox range than it is to buy some other licensed Frozen products.
Our test range over the school holidays included an insulated lunch bag, a drink bottle with straw, a sandwich container and a second, smaller container suitable for snacks such as fruit slices, nuts, sultanas or whatever else you choose to include.
What we liked about them:
- easy snap-and-lift opening and closing. This may be a little more challenging for younger children but it would be good for their hand development!
- it's difficult to see how little hands could break, squash or scratch them
- the three items fit together comfortably and easily into the lunch bag
- the straw on the drink bottle has a flip-up spout and has a built-in loop to carry it
- the drink bottle also includes pictures of Sven and Olaf
- we guarantee the drink bottle is leakproof
- the lunch bag has a sturdy handle which is easy to grip
- you can write your child’s name on the back of the lunch bag so there’s no tears later in case it goes missing
- the pink and blue colour scheme is as pretty as Elsa and Anna.
Like all Zak! kids’ tableware products, the Frozen range is manufactured from a product that is lead-free and phthalate-free (a compound that is used in the making of some plastics). And for convenience, you can stick them in the dishwasher or microwave.
If you’re looking for a lunchbox range for your late pre-schooler, or early primary school child, and she is a fan of Frozen - is there anyone who isn't?! - this practical range will win her heart and yours at just $25 for the items shown. We recommend it for about ages 4+.
* * *
Check out our back-to-school lunchbox ideas in the articles below.