This banana bread is the perfect afternoon treat that’s naturally sweet and packed with the nutritional goodness of nature’s long-lasting energy snack, Australian Bananas.
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 150 gm or 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml or 1⁄2 cup of oil
- 200 ml or 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 240 gm or 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 80 gm or 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line a large loaf tin (approx. 24 cm x 10 cm).
- Mix the bananas, sugar, eggs, oil, coconut milk and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder.
- Combine the two mixtures and pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
To make gluten free Banana Coconut Bread
Replace the plain flour with 1 1⁄2 cups (160 gm) of gluten free flour and 1 cup of almond meal.