This recipe combines two superstars rich in Omega-3 - salmon and walnuts. It not only tastes delicious but it is a dish which is detoxifying as well as satisfying.
To enjoy it to its full effect, serve with a watercress and rocket salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar mix to taste.
4 salmon fillets (skin on) about 2cm thick
½ cup raw unsalted walnuts
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
pinch of sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Place walnuts into a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Spread them on a plate.
3. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
4. Lightly brush the base of a baking dish with olive oil.
5. Whisk together the honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Generously brush the tops and sides of the salmon fillets with the mixture.
6. Press the top of each fillet on to the plate of walnuts, making sure you coat them evenly and completely. As you work, arrange each coated fillet in the baking dish, skin side down.
7. Bake for around 10 minutes or to the desired degree of 'doneness'. (Ideally, salmon should be pink inside when served).
Serve warm with salad and, if required, plain baked potato.