The Australian chef behind the popular 1980s Sydney restaurant You and Me, Jenny Ferguson has a reputation for creating dishes that are traditional, fresh, light and, most importantly, delicious.
Now, Ferguson is celebrating meals created with heart in the home and her cookbook, At Home: Food for family and friends, reflects that.
Here is her Fine Apple Tart recipe featured in the cookbook which serves 4....
1 x 24cm sheet puff pastry
4-5 large red apples, peeled and thinly sliced (I like Royal Gala or Pink Lady)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C. Place the pastry sheet on a baking tray and cut out a circle, using a large dinner plate as a template.
2. Arrange the apple slices on the pastry in overlapping concentric circles, finishing at the centre.
3. Sprinkle liberally with sugar and dot just as liberally with butter.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the sugar caramelises, the apples are golden and the pastry is crisp. If the tart looks a little pale, put it under a hot grill for a few seconds at the end of the cooking time.
5. Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
* At Home: Food for family and friends by Jenny Ferguson is published by Forget-Me-Not Books, rrp $59.95.