Sometimes it just makes sense to all throw in together and get that perfect gift.
However, if you’re the one tasked with organizing - it can be messy, time consuming and a little awkward chasing everyone for their money.
Two years ago, Sydney mum, Rachel Troy came up with an easy solution GroupPrezzie, an online platform, which takes the headaches out of the group buying process by enabling everyone to contribute to the perfect gift and leave a personal message.
The idea came to her after being frustrated with running around and trying to organise a group present for her then eight-year-old daughter’s friend.
"I thought it would be much easier to have one online payment system to take the hassle away from the joy of gift giving," says Rachel.
From there, the GroupPrezzie idea has evolved into a successful platform that's helped thousands of mothers organise group gifts.
“Whether it’s a teacher or coach thank you, a hamper to celebrate the arrival of a new baby, a trip overseas for a wedding present or fine jewellery for your girlfriend’s 40th- GroupPrezzie allows you to organise your group of family and friends to contribute via credit card to a secure group gift collection.”
“People know that sometimes it just make sense to all throw in together and get a gift the person really wants. GroupPrezzie is a perfect for busy parents who are stretched for time and want an easy solution.”
“Let’s face it, we’d all prefer to spend our time relaxing with family and friends as opposed to drudging around the mall looking for a present and chasing people for money. It’s so easy - you can do it from your couch!”
As a mum entrepreneur, Rachel says the mission of setting up GroupPrezzies has been both challenging and rewarding.
“It was a problem I faced as a mum and wanted to develop an effective solution that would help others like me,” says Rachel.
To celebrate GroupPrezzie’s 2nd birthday, Rachel is inviting Motherpedia readers to take advantage of GroupPrezzie for your next group gift.
It’s free to set up! Use promotion code PEDIA13 and pay only $0.99 for a contribution fee to the gift. Usually $2.49.
How GroupPrezzie works
- GroupPrezzie is FREE to set up
- You can set up one for yourself or one for a friend
- You set up a GroupPrezzie Page with details on what present will be bought and who it is for – you can even include photos!
- Invitations via email or Facebook are sent to your friends inviting them to your GroupPrezzie page
- Once you have a registry you can collect for all different types of occasions.
- You simply return and create another GroupPrezzie page.
- Friends contribute using a credit card
- GroupPrezzie charges your contributors a service fee of $0.99 when you use promo code PEDIA13 (Usually $2.49). This in theory covers the cost of the wrapping paper, a card and a trip to the mall!
- GroupPrezzie sends reminders to your friends
- When GroupPrezzie has ended your $ are sent to a bank account you nominate
- Via GroupPrezzie you can send Thank You emails to your friends
To join GroupPrezzie visit: www.groupprezzie.com.au
Motherpedia is proud to be a partner of GroupPrezzie.