It can be tempting to start a drastic weight loss diet that calls for severely reduced calorie intake in return for large weight losses over a week or two but these diets are not sustainable, often give all kinds of unpleasant side effects and deprive your body of vital nutrients.
When we are losing weight or just trying to live a healthier lifestyle in taking the right amount of nutrients is critical for your energy levels, for your immune system, your digestion, your milk supply if you are breastfeeding and your overall health.
Our top tips for weight loss foods that give you lots of nutrients and energy are:
1.Oats – Oats are excellent as they are low GI and a good source of fibre which help fill you up and keep you full as well as give you sustained energy.
2. Lentils – They provide both carbohydrates and protein, which make them a perfect weight loss and health food.
3.Green leaves – The leaves in salad greens are full of chlorophyll – so excellent for energy and fibre
5. Almonds – These are an excellent snack and are packed full of magnesium – which is key for changing the foods you eat into energy
6.Bananas - Bananas provide a good source of carbohydrates giving natural energy that will help to keep you focused when you eat them as a snack
7. Red meat – Lean red meat is really high in iron and B vitamins and will help with energy levels too.
8. Eggs – Egg yolks are high in B-vitamins which change food into energy so are great for energy and nutrients
9. Yoghurt – Yogurt is an excellent source of protein so try low fat yoghurt with nuts or fruit
10. Water – Start each day with a large glass with breakfast and try and drink more glasses through out your day
This article is written by Rhian Allen from http://www.losebabyweight.com.au Please visit the website for more tips, advice, exercises, recipes and weight loss plans to help you achieve your pregnancy weight loss!
You can also stay up to date on the latest by liking her Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/losebabyweight.com.au