Spring is just around the corner and Motherpedia editorial team has been discussion about updating our wardrobe. We has seeked for expert's tips from Kash O’Hara, the Style Doctor, and this is what we have gotten back to share with you:
1. Ensure you have all your wardrobe staples so that you can add pieces season to season. This way you won’t have to reinvent the wheel each season and can add an on trend colour or print and pair it back with your wardrobe staples.
2. Ensure you fully understand your body shape and the best colours to suit you, then buy a couple of pieces in these colours to refresh your look. Our Style Report can help you with this.
3. Shop with a stylist. A stylist gets great discounts with retailers and they ensure that you buy the most flattering styles for you. You will never have piece sitting in your wardrobe with tags on them ever again!
4. Shop at the outlets. In Sydney Birkenhead Point, DFO and factory outlets offer great discounts. Alternatively you can keep an eye out online, a lot of retailers now have online outlets where you can shop at your own convenience. One of my favourites is www.theoutnet.com, which is basically Net-a-Porter on sale.
5. Shop at the sample sales. Sign up to your favourite designer websites and know when there sample sales are on.
6. Accessorise! The easiest and often the cheapest way to refresh your wardrobe is to add some great jewellery pieces; try a hat, scarf or a great statement bag.
At The Style Doctor, we have gathered a team of sartorial specialists ready to treat your fashion fever. Our fashion experts come to you direct from the personal styling and fashion industries, to bring you a wealth of knowledge in clothing fit, quality, design, and trends. Our Style Doctors have worked across the globe, from Canada to China, US to the UK, Hong Kong and London; and are ready to share their style tips from years in the business.