Are you having a hard time to get your child to eat more vegetables? This San Choy Bau recipe by The Secret Serve is a tasty and fun way to add more veggies to your child's diet! Bonus: It's so easy to make with just 10 minutes of preparation time required!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 TBSP Canola Oil
- 1 White Onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery
- 500g Chicken mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 150g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 TBSP chopped bean sprouts
- 50g finely shredded snow peas
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1 TSP sesame oil
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add the chicken mince and mix together, breaking up the mince up with a fork. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrot, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, snow peas, hoisin and sesame oil and continue cooking for 5 minutes, tossing to coat chicken mix entirely in the sauce.
- Serve the san choy bau mix spooned into lettuce cups and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Note - If preferred, try tossing the san choy bau mince through vermicelli noodles as a stir-fry, or use as a filling for spring rolls or dumplings.